200Hr Teacher Training & Mountain Immersion
This 200-Hr YTT will begin with a 3-Day Retreat Style Immersion in the Mountains of Colorado. The retreat includes lodging, food, and a 3-Day spiritual immersion to kick-start your training. This is all included in the price of the training. Our trainings connect students to both the spiritual and practical teachings of yoga under the guidance of lead teacher and studio owner Katrina Gustafson, focusing on mind, body AND spirit.
Trainings are open to both the student who wants to be become a certified yoga teacher and to the seeker who wants to deepen their physical, mental and spiritual practice of yoga. Open your heart and learn more about your individual spiritual path and how to more fully embody it through the teachings of yoga.
200Hr YTT Open House (Spring/Summer 2023)
Dates: Saturday, Mar 11, 2023
Location: Karma Yoga Center (1705 S. Pearl St. Denver, C0 80210)
Description: Come to Karma Yoga Center for a FREE Open House to learn all about our 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training Program. Lead teachers Katrina Marie Gustafson, Lisa Theis, and Michael Shankara will give a presentation followed by a Q&A. Get to know the studio, the community, your teachers and the program. We will also do a slide show with more info on the 3-Day Mountain Retreat and Nature Immersion that kicks off the training. Get a $270 Early Bird Discount for registering and paying in full before March 24, 2023. Just drop in, no registration required.
Scheduled Teacher Trainings
200hr YTT: The Journey Inward
w/ Mountain Immersion
Dates: Mar 24 – Aug 17, 2023
Location: Karma Yoga Center
Faculty: Katrina Marie Gustafson, Lisa Theis, Beth Sanchez, Anen Hart & Michael Shankara
Price: $2,700 (Early Bird) – $2,970 (Regular Price & Payment Plans)
Deposit: $432 Required to Register (Deducted from Tuition)
The 200Hr Spring/Summer 2023 Training is from March 2023 to August 2023 and kicks off with 3-Day Immersion in the Mountains of Colorado. The general schedule will include two 7-Day trainings and 4-Weekends. The 7-Day trainings are 6-8pm on Fridays, 9am-5pm on Saturdays & Sundays, and 10am-4pm on Monday – Thursday. The Weekend Trainings are Fri, Sat & Sun. The Friday evening is 6-8pm, and Saturday and Sunday are 9am-5pm.
- Week 1: Mar 24 – 30 (3-Day Mountain Retreat: Mar 24-26 & Karma Yoga Center: Mar 27-30
- Weekend 1: Apr 21-23
- Weekend 2: May 19-21
- Weekend 3: June 9-11
- Weekend 4: July 14-16
- Week 2: Aug 11-17
- Week 1: Mar 24 – 30 (3-Day Mountain Retreat: Mar 24-26 & Karma Yoga Center: Mar 27-30
**Students can miss up to 3-Days of the Training through-out for Personal Needs**
200-Hr Training Pricing
- $2,700* Early Bird Discount for Full Payment by the 1st day of the trainings
- $2,970* Regular Tuition
- $432 non-refundable deposit is required to hold you place in the training. Applied toward your tuition.
*Credit Card Payments will have an additional 2.5% processing fee added. There are no fees for Venmo, Cash and Check payments.
Yoga Teacher Training Manuals and Books are not included in the tuition price. These will be about $50.
All $432 deposits are non-refundable. Any cancellations within the first week the training will forfeit 1/3 of your tuition. Cancellations after week 1 will forfeit the full paid amount, with the option to be re-apply for future YTT trainings.
Monthly Payment Plans
Monthly payment plans are available throughout the course of the Yoga Teacher Training. Contact Katrina to discuss your options: 303-709-0535 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ”YTT Payment Plan.” Installments paid before the start of the training will be a total of $2,700, after the start they will total $2,970. All payment plans will be paid in full by the end of the training. Payment Plans are flexible and tailored to meet your needs.
Discounts & Membership
As part of your Yoga Teacher Training you will receive:
- 4-month Unlimited Yoga Membership
- In-Studio Classes, Park Yoga, & All On-Line Classes
- $432 value
- 10% Off All Merchandise
- 10% Off All Workshops
- 10% Off Spiritual Counseling, Energy & Healing Sessions
- 10% Off Astrology Readings (Relationship & Birth)
This is a general schedule for what a day in the training will look like so that you can see the balance of teachings and activities. Specific days may have variations in beginning and ending times. Fridays are 6-8pm. Sat & Sun are 9am-5pm and M,T,W, & Th are 10am-4pm
- 9-10am or 10-11am Sadhana Practice & Group Check-In (Pranayama, Mantra, Meditation & Discussion)
- 10:30-11:30am Yoga Class
- 11:30am-12:30pm Lunch Break
- 12:30-3:00pm Interactive Lecture, Teaching & Group Discussion
- 3-4pm or 4-5pm Practicum (Practice Teaching)
In our 200-Hr Teacher Training, you’ll cover a myriad of subject matter that explore your Mind, Body, and Spirit. Learn to integrate this information into your personal lifestyle, and into the lives of your future students, clients, colleagues, and loved ones. Along with being certified to teach yoga, you will receive a booster-shot to your soul; this training is a life-altering immersion to awaken you to the essence of who YOU are at your core level. Our program will help you step into your potential, so that you can in turn help others to do the same.
- Yoga as a Holistic Approach to Healing, Nourishing, and Evolving the Mind, Body, and Spirit
- How To Be A Good Human
- Karma & Dharma
- Conscious Living; How to Live a Yogic Lifestyle While Living in The 21st Century
- Pranayama (breathwork)
- Subtle Body Anatomy: Chakras, Astral Body, Gunas, Koshas, Kundalini, etc…
- Ayurveda- Holistic Healing, Health Diet, and Medicine from the Yogic Philosophy/Science
- Understanding Your Soul Contract & Soul’s Purpose
- Astrology & Cosmology- Understanding Your Soul’s Purpose
- Setting Intention and Purpose: Sankalpa
- Mantra, Mudras, Nada (sound yoga), Chanting
- Asana (poses)
- Theme and Sequence for a Class
- How to Assist Your Own Class: Alignment, Adjustments, and Props
- History: Past to Present Timeline of Yoga
- Read and discuss excerpts from classical and modern yogic text such as the Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita, and the Upanishads.
- Philosophies and Limbs of the Yoga Path
- Physical Anatomy
- Sangha: Creating Community
- Intro to the Deities and Finding Your Ishvara Devata (archetype)
- What is Bhakti? The Art of Love & Devotion: Ceremony, Puja, Ritual, Darshan, Aarti, Kirtan, Prayer, Alters
- Intro to Restorative, Yin, Yoga Nidra, & Prenatal Yoga
- How to Step into Your Personal Power –Shakti – to Reach Your Potential
- Seva Project (service)
- Marketing and Self-Promotion; Ethics of Being a Yoga Teacher
- Practice, Practice Practice 🙂
Teaching & Learning Style
You will be supported throughout your training and immersion by the teaching staff and community at Karma Yoga Center. It is our core mission at the studio to create a loving community in all we do. We understand that being and feeling supported is key to your success and transformation in our training. And, our teacher training aligns with our mission of support. You will be engaged and learn by:
- Hands-on Teaching Practicums
- Group Participation
- Individual Work
- Speaking & Sharing Your Journey
- Private Consultations
The last week of the training students will teach a final 30-minute Class to the other students in the 200hr Teacher Training and the Lead Teachers. This class will be based on what you have learned in the 4-months of your training and will be themed around a “yogic book” of your choosing which you have read during the training for the first time. Elements of the book will be presented as part of your Dharma talk and ideally threaded throughout your class as a building theme.
For Example, you may have read a book by Thich Nhat Hanh and you present a few quotes and how his message of knowing your emotions has been helpful for growth in your life, while weaving this into the flow of the class.
Prior to the Final Practicum, you are required to teach a version of your final 30 minute class to 2 different peers within the 200HR Training at Karma. They will evaluate your classes using the same standards and review sheet that your lead teachers will use during the final week. These peer reviewed classes can be taught at the studio during off-hours, or at any location of your choosing- such as at each others houses, in a park, etc…
During the training, you will receive a 4-month Unlimited Yoga Membership at Karma Yoga Center. To complete your Teaching Certificate you have additional requirements outside of the actual Training Weekends. These requirements do not have to be completed by the end of the Training, they can be done in your own time. When all requirements are met, you will receive your 200Hr Yoga Alliance Certification.
- Take 10-Classes @ Karma Yoga Center~ In Studio Only (you will have a 4-month Unlimited Yoga Membership that is part of your tuition)
- Teach 10-Classes– each 1hr (These can be in your in your Living Room, At Work, etc.. and with your Family, Friends, or Co-Workers)
- Observe 10-Classes @ Karma Yoga Center ~ In Studio Only
- 4-Hours of Seva (Community Service)
- Read 1 “Yogic Book” and present the book as part of your Final 30min practicum.
Katrina Marie Gustafson
As the owner and founder of Karma Yoga Center in Denver, she brings the Bhakti from all wisdom traditions to her yoga classes- singing, chanting, dancing, and journeys into the heart. Katrina fills every yoga session with love. She weaves in the teachings of her yoga mentor Saul David Raye and the cosmic knowings from the lineage of Evolutionary Astrology. She shares her life journey with her half-side husband Michael Shankara and her two boys Max & Bo.
Though she has had many influential teachers, she is a dedicated student of Yogarupa Rod Stryker and follows the lineage of Para Yoga and Sri Vidya. Her classes strive to provide a space for each person to explore the effect of yoga in their own way and, while rooted in the methodologies of Para Yoga, are an amalgamation of all her teachers’ influences. Each class will include pranayama (breathwork), the exploration and experience of the energetics of asana (postures), mantra, visualization and intentional focus, and meditation.
Foremost in her aspiration is to serve students in a way that supports their birthright to enjoy purpose, insight, well-being, and the cultivation of inherent goodness. Gurupriya Beth’s classes are deeply inspired by her core teachers, Engaged Buddhism Founder, Venerable Thich Nhat Hahn, and Ayurveda Master Teacher and Practitioner, Alakananda Ma. She is also invigorated by the Adviata teachings of Adyashanti, and Rupert Spira, and the vision of philosopher/sacred activist, Charles Eisenstein. Tias Little, Richard Freeman, and countless others continue to inspire her understanding of yoga asana, dharma, and related practices. Gurupriya Beth has been teaching yoga since 2000, and her style has been described as mindful hatha/vinyasa with anatomical depth, nourishing adjustments, contemplative support and invitations to sing, sigh, and giggle. She invites all people seeking sangha, contemplative depth in their yoga practice, and sacredness in their relationship to life.
Anne is an experienced yoga teacher (ERYT500) and a seasoned yoga therapist (C-IAYT) who has logged over 1500 hours working with students individually since 2001. She has well over 3000 hours of teaching yoga classes for all levels of students and to special populations including cancer patients. Anne (aka ANNE-atomy) teaches anatomy in several YTT programs in Denver where she is known for her ability to inspire teacher training students by using images that correlate the human body to animals, art and architecture. Her creative comparisons between anatomy and structures in everyday life are memorable and fun which is then followed by an asana practice focusing on those same structures
experientially. She has made 25+ field trips to cadaver labs both with students and to assist in instruction; she assisted Thomas Myers (“Anatomy Trains”) & Todd Garcia in a 5-day Fascial Dissection Course. Anne was honored to help edit “Yoga of the Subtle Body” by Tias Little and “Yoga + Cancer” by Lorien Neargarder. Anne’s intention is to ignite a passion in her students for the beauty and complexity of the body; she does so skillfully and with a continued sense of curiosity.