Yoga Teacher Trainings @ Karma
Karma Yoga Center offers 200-Hr Yoga Teacher Training at our studio Denver, Colorado.
Our trainings connect students to both the spiritual and practical teachings of yoga under the guidance of lead teacher and studio owner Katrina Gustafson, focusing on mind, body AND spirit.
Trainings are open to both the student who wants to be become a certified yoga teacher and to the seeker who wants to deepen their physical, mental and spiritual practice of yoga.
This 200-Hr YTT will begin with a 3-Day Retreat Style Immersion in the Mountains of Colorado. The retreat includes lodging, food, and a 3-Day spiritual immersion to kick-start your training. This is all included in the price of the training.
Open your heart and learn more about your individual spiritual path and how to more fully embody it through the teachings of yoga.
Up-Coming Teacher Trainings
200hr YTT & Mountain Immersion: The Journey Inward
Dates: September 28 – January 24, 2019
Location: Karma Yoga Center
Lead Teachers: Katrina Gustafson & Michael Shankara
Price: $2,600 – $2,800
Register Now: Click HERE
The 200-Hr Fall 2018 Training from is September 2018 to January 2019 and kicks off with 3-Day Immersion in the Mountains of Colorado. The general schedule will include two 7-Day trainings and 4-Weekends between September and January. The 7-Day trainings are 10am-5pm. Friday – Thursday. The Weekend Trainings are Fri, Sat & Sun. The Friday evening is 6-8pm, and Saturday and Sunday are 9am-5pm.
- Week 1: Sept 28- Oct 4 (3-Day Mountain Retreat Sep 28-30 & Karma Yoga Center Oct 1-4)
- Weekend 1: Oct 19-21 (Karma Yoga Center)
- Weekend 2: Nov 9-11 (Karma Yoga Center)
- Weekend 3: Dec 7-9 (Karma Yoga Center)
- Weekend 4: Jan 4-6, 2019 (Karma Yoga Center)
- Week 2: Jan 18-24, 2019 (Karma Yoga Center)
200-Hr Training Pricing
- $2,600* Early Bird Discount for Full Payment by the 1st day of the trainings
- $2,800* Regular Tuition
- $200 non-refundable deposit is required to hold you place in the training. Applied toward your tuition.
*Credit Card Payments will have an additional 2.5% processing fee added. There are no fees for Cash and Check payments.
Yoga Teacher Training Manuals and Books are not included in the tuition price. These will be between $80-$120. As well as the Anatomy Lab Fee which will be about $50*
All $200 deposits are non-refundable. Any cancellations within the first week the training will forfeit 1/3 of your tuition. Cancellations after week 4 will forfeit the full paid amount, with the option to be re-apply for future YTT trainings.
Monthly Payment Plans
Monthly payment plans are available throughout the course of the Yoga Teacher Training. Contact Katrina to discuss your options: 303-709-0535 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ”YTT Payment Plan.” Installments paid before the start of the training will be a total of $2,600, after the start they will total $2,800. All payment plans will be paid in full by the end of the training.
Discounts & Membership
As part of your Yoga Teacher Training you will receive:
- 3-month Unlimited Yoga Membership
- $325 value
- 10% Off All Merchandise
- 10% Off All Workshops
- 10% Off Energy & Healing Sessions
In our 200-Hr Teacher Training, you’ll cover a myriad of subject matter that explore your Mind, Body, and Spirit. Learn to integrate this information into your personal lifestyle, and into the lives of your future students, clients, colleagues, and loved ones. Along with being certified to teach yoga, you will receive a booster-shot to your soul; this training is a life-altering immersion to awaken you to the essence of who YOU are at your core level. Our program will help you step into your potential, so that you can in turn help others to do the same.
- Yoga as a Holistic Approach to Healing, Nourishing, and Evolving the Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Setting Intention and Purpose: Sankalpa
- Asana (poses)
- Pranayama (breathwork)
- Mantra, Mudras, Nada (sound yoga), Chanting
- Theme and Sequence for a Class
- How to Assist Your Own Class: Alignment, Adjustments, and Props
- History: Past to Present Timeline of Yoga
- Philosophies and Limbs of the Yoga Path
- Physical Anatomy (including a trip to the cadaver lab)
- Subtle Body Anatomy: Chakras, Astral Body, Gunas, Koshas, Kundalini, etc…
- Marketing and Self-Promotion; Ethics of Being a Yoga Teacher
- Cosmology- How the Stars and Planets Play Into Your Life
- Sangha: Creating Community
- What is Bhakti? The Art of Love & Devotion: Ceremony, Puja, Ritual, Darshan, Aarti, Kirtan, Prayer, Alters
- Read and discuss excerpts from classical and modern yogic text such as The Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, the Yoga Sutras, and the Radiant Sutras, and more
- Group Seva Project (service)
- Conscious Living; How to Live a Yogic Lifestyle While Living in The 21st Century
- Intro to Restorative, Yin and Yoga Nidra
- Intro to Prenatal Yoga
- Intro to the Deities and Finding Your Ishvara Devata (archetype)
- Understanding Your Soul Contract
- How to Step into Your Personal Power –Shakti – to Reach Your Potential:
- Practice, Practice Practice 🙂
Teaching & Learning Style
You will be supported throughout your training and immersion by the teaching staff and community at Karma Yoga Center. It is our core mission at the studio to create a loving community in all we do. We understand that being and feeling supported is key to your success and transformation in our training. And, our teacher training aligns with our mission of support.
You will be engaged and learn by:
- Hands-on Teaching Practicums
- Group Participation
- Individual Work
- Speaking & Sharing Your Journey
- Private Consultations
During the training, you will receive an Unlimited Yoga Membership at Karma Yoga Center. Through your requirement to attend 3-classes a week during the off-times of your training, you will be able to stay connected to the community and interact with your teachers and fellow students. You will also teach 5-classes, observe 5-classes, and assist 5-classes over the course of the trainings.
Post training, you will have the opportunity to teach our Free Community Classes at the studio, as well as the possibility to apprentice with one of the lead teachers.
Owner and founder of Karma Yoga Center, Katrina Gustafson is a certified yoga instructor who has been leading retreats and teaching yoga for 12 years. Yoga has transformed her life so vastly that she left her 12 year career as a high school Language Arts teacher to pursue the practice of yoga wholeheartedly. Her teaching style is a heart-centered vinyasa (flow) with an emphasis on the spiritual aspects of the practice. She is a student of internally renown master teacher Saul David Raye. Katrina subscribes deeply to the practice of bhakti (devotional) yoga. She works hard on maintaining the integrity of this ancient practice while bringing it into the 21st century. Though yoga brings her deep joy, her greatest passion is loving on her two boys Maximus and Boden and her talented partner Michael Shankara.